Thursday, January 13, 2011

Zebra Birthday



Yesterday was one of my son's friends birthdays. He decided he wanted to make her a card or something. So I let him look through the Cricut cartridges I have (my mom and I have used Christmas money to buy a BUNCH of new ones - we got some really great deals!) and he decided on this zebra from the Create A Critter cartridge. First can I say how much I am LOVING this cartridge! I have only had it for a little over a week - maybe two at the most - but every time that I play around with it I find something new! It is SO much fun!

Anyway, he picked this Zebra and then proceeded to tell me EXACTLY how he wanted it done. He has definitely inherited all the creative genes in the family. He always knows exactly how he wants things done, and he always does a great job picking out the colors and everything. The only thing I picked out was how to add the sentiment. This is not actually a card. I thought about doing it, but didn't end up having time after we put him together (darn dinner time interfering with our creativity!). The paper is from a pack from Michaels. The brad is from Oriental Trading and the pearls are SU!.

David decided to "write" a message on the back and sign his name (I didn't take a picture of the back) but I did take a picture of the envelope. :) He drew a cookie (we made and decorated cookies last week, can you tell?) and "decorated" it on the front of the envelope. He got really offended when his daddy didn't KNOW immediately that it was a cookie and not just a face :P. Anyway, this was yesterday's project. Well, the completed project. I'm working on several at once for his birthday (which is NEXT WEEK!! How is THAT possible?!?!). I'll post pictures of the biggest project soon. I'm hoping to get to work on it a lot tonight. :)

No comments: