Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wow it's been a while!

Well, obviously it's been a long time since I've been on this thing. I guess that moving, having surgery, a second pregnancy, C-section and enjoying the first year of your sweet girl's life will do that to you! :P I was thinking this week that I really wanted to get back to blogging and putting my pictures online of my creations so that people could see them...I was debating how to go about this, and I remembered, HELLO you HAD a blog at one point. I was trying to decide if I wanted to start a new one or not, but then I got on here and it was kind of fun to look at all of the things I made a few years ago when I first really started paper crafting! So instead of brand new, I'll just re-do this one. It's a work in progress right now, so you'll have to forgive any layout/picture/etc changes in the next few weeks while I get comfortable again! :)

I guess one good thing about being away from the blogging world for so long is that I have a couple of year's worth of projects that I can talk about! So at least I'll have some pictures to post on days that I'm not doing anything new. I have SO many in progress projects at the moment, and I'm excited about getting those online!

For now I'll leave you with some I did this past holiday season. These were made for a friend who needed a couple of gifts for family Christmas parties. The first two are the ornaments I made for her.
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but these are the biggest of the clear glass ornaments I could find at Hobby Lobby. There were four to a package but I can't remember what size they were for sure right now. I found a great tutorial for making these that you can view here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTvq2GPkm9U These were SO much fun to make. I made...well, a lot of them. I used a bunch for gifts. I used the Martha Stewart glitter - so many fun colors to choose from! The snowflake and flower, etc are vinyl that I cut out with my Cricut. The flower and swirly are from the Joys of the Season cartridge and I'm not positive where the snowflake is from. I did a lot of different snowflakes before I decided that this one was my favorite. :)

This next project I did for the same friend. She wanted a stationery set and just asked me to be creative and have fun with it. So I did! I wasn't sure about the colors when I first started it, but I really really LOVE the finished product!

Instead of putting any kind of sentiments on the cards, I made up several different sentiments and matted them on a scallop oval, and added photo splits on the back. This was whomever received this as a gift could use any of the cards for any occasion they chose. I didn't take a picture of it, but I put scriptures on the insides of all the A2 cards. I didn't take a close up of the cards (darn!) but I made extras of them to keep for myself so I'll have to remind myself to take pictures of them sometime! I have no idea where the patterned paper came from - it was in a stack that a friend of mine gave me. The other cardstock is SU!, and one of the butterfly punches is SU! and the other is Martha Stewart.

Well, this post is awfully long so I think I won't add anything else now! I look forward to posting more often! Thanks for looking!

No comments: